pro Fit 6.2 public beta
Current beta version: 6.2.0B5
What's new in version 6.2.0?
pro Fit 6.2 comes with a large list of enhancements. Here are some highlights:
- Built-in Python support. Python within pro Fit is a full equivalent of pro Fit's own, built-in Pascal scripting language and can be used for defining pro Fit programs and functions. Python is a mature programming language with a rich feature set well-suited for scientific calculus, and it allows you to tap a vast choice of scientific libraries, such as numpy and scipy.
- Fitting algorithms. The fitting algorithms have been modified for better convergence and more versatility in multidimensional fitting. A "simple curve fit" command provides quick access to pro Fit's fitting algorithms without going through a dialog box first.
- Data processing: New commands for convolution and correlation, revamped sorting capabilities, improved text file import.
- Preview window: Built-in automatic fitting tool.
- Performance: Various parts of pro Fit have been optimized for threaded processing and yield improved performance on multicore CPUs.
- and more...
For more information, refer to the file "What's new in 6.2" in "Documents/release notes" of the disk image file you can download above.
pro Fit 6.2 has been designed for MacOS 10.6. It has not been tested on any earlier versions of the MacOS.
We release pro Fit beta versions in order to obtain comments from our users. These will help us to improve the final product. So, if you observe any problems with the beta or if you have proposals for its improvement, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to our bug report page.
Beta versions of any type of program have been known to contain serious bugs that affect the integrity of the computer they are being run on. Hence, our lawyers tell us to tell you this: do not use this beta version on a computer containing critical data.
This beta version is time limited. Make sure to check www.quansoft.com regularly for the release of newer beta versions. Any user who bought pro Fit 6.1 since January 1, 2010 will get a free upgrade to the final version of pro Fit 6.2. If you have bought pro Fit 6.1 before January 1, 2010, you are entitled to obtain an upgrade for a reduced fee.
The documentation included in the present beta version has not yet been updated completely.